Professor Olayinka David-West
Professor Olayinka David-West is the Academic Director and a Senior Fellow in the Operations, Information Systems and Marketing Division of Lagos Business School (LBS).
She currently directs the Sustainable and Inclusive Digital Financial Services (SIDFS) initiative of the Lagos Business School.
SIDFS also works with development and philanthropic agencies such as Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation and Mastercard Center for Inclusive Growth on initiatives to enhance the creation and delivery of Digital Financial Services as well as enhancement of entrepreneurship in Nigeria.
- Prof Yinka has career in the information systems industry spanning nearly three decades.
- She has engaged in various roles in systems/technology consulting, systems development and integration and electronic banking management.
- She is a member of the LBS Management Board.
- Doctorate Degree in Business Administration (DBA), Manchester Business School, United Kingdom
- Masters Degree (MSc) in Business Systems Analysis and Design, from City University,
- Bachelors Degree (BSc) in Computer Science, University of Lagos,
- Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA)
- Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT (CGEIT).
- Academic advocate to the Information Systems Audit and Control Association (ISACA).
Selected experience and achievement
- Under her leadership, SIDFS has in the last three years conducted research; convened stakeholders from the financial services ecosystem across the operators and regulatory segments; articulated policy amendments all with an aim to enhance the creation and delivery of Digital Financial Services in Nigeria.
- Prof Yinka is a qualified practitioner of the Skills Framework for the Information Age (SFIA) and also a digital money specialist certified by Digital Frontiers Institute and the Fletcher School of Law and Diplomacy, Tufts University.