Managing Partner, Sahel Capital Agribusiness Managers Limited
Mezuo is the Managing Partner and Co-founder of Sahel Capital Agribusiness Managers Limited
- Mezou has a 22-year career in a broad spectrum of finance related roles in private equity, investment banking and corporate finance.
- Over the past nine years, Mezuo has worked extensively within the agribusiness sector in West Africa and across a broad range of crop value chains.
- He has also previously worked in the financial services, oil & gas, and telecommunications sector.
- In 2010, Mezuo co-founded Sahel Capital, a leading private equity firm focused exclusively on the agribusiness sector.
- Sahel Capital is the fund manager for the Fund for Agricultural Finance in Nigeria, a US$66 million private equity fund focused on SME agribusiness opportunities in Nigeria.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Harvard Business School
- B.Sc. In Industrial Management, with a minor in information Systems, from Carnegie Mellon University.
Selected experience and achievement
- Mezuo started his career with the corporate finance team of the Sabre Group in Dallas in 1995, and then worked in J.P. Morgan & Co’s mergers and acquisitions group in New York.
- He was previously a Partner at AFIG Funds, a private equity firm covering 28 countries in West and Central Africa
- Mezuo has worked in leadership positions at SecTrust (now Afrinvest), Ocean & Oil Holdings, and MTS First Wireless.
- He is the Co-Founder/Chairman of AACE Foods, an ago-processing company based in Ogun State, Nigeria.
- He is also on the Editorial Advisory Board of BusinessDay Newspapers, and on the boards of L&Z Integrated Farms, Crest Agro Products, Coscharis Farms, Housessories, and First World Communities.
- Mezuo is a 2007 Archbishop Desmond Tutu Fellow and a 2015 Eisenhower Fellow