Bunmi Akinyemiju is the CEO of Venture Garden Group – a high growth group of financial technology (fintech) companies that provide innovative, data-driven, end-to-end technology platforms addressing reconciliation and payment processing inefficiencies across multiple sectors of the African economy.
- Bunmi is a serial entrepreneur, technology innovator and the CEO of Venture Garden Group.
- As a group, Venture Garden has grown to become one of the largest fintech investment holding companies in Sub-Saharan Africa, with investments in 15 innovative fintech companies across Africa via its venture arm GreenHouse Capital.
- Through strategic public and private sector partnerships, VGG and its subsidiary companies have successfully deployed Data and Revenue Collection technologies in the Aviation, Fueling, Education, Power and Tax industries.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Engineering, Michigan State University.
Selected experience and achievement
- As part of the leadership at Venture Garden Group, Bunmi and his team have successfully built five businesses across different sectors in Nigeria and Ghana, employing over 300 people. The combined efforts of these companies have helped improve efficiency in the industries they function in and also work to provide technical assistance to foster good governance and support sustained economic growth in Nigeria.
- In 2015, Bunmi led the fundraising for Venture Garden Group, which got the company capitalized with private equity funding of US$20m from Convergence Partners
- Bunmi was the CEO of Enliven Software up until 2011- helping the firm raise $11 million for growth.
- In 2017, Bunmi was nominated as one of the top 100 Most Influential People of African Descent in Business and Entrepreneurship by the United Nations In recognition of the International Decade for People of African Descent. Venture Garden Group received recognition in the same year by the British Parliament for its contributions to transparency and good governance in Africa via Technology.